VALENCIA, Pa. - The La Roche women's tennis team dropped to 1-4 on the season after conference opponent D'Youville defeated the Redhawks 6-3 this afternoon. La Roche has now dropped their last three matchups, all to conference opponents. Head Coach Stephanie Smith was not discouraged by the performance though, in fact, quite the opposite. She said "the matches were closer than many of the scores reflect. The girls are showing improvements every match." With a young team and in-experienced players, Smith has helped the team make improvements throughout the lineup. The Redhawks have also seen plenty of action to improve their game, playing three matches within four days (all at home).
- Freshman Alexandra Jaksec played first singles for the Redhawks this afternoon for the first time all season. She lost in two sets (6-2, 6-0) but still remains tied for the most single's match wins on the team (3) with Selzer.
- At second singles, Junior Rochelle Selzer collected her second conference singles win of the year in two sets (6-1, 6-1).
- At third singles, Alexandra Mroczkowski lost her match in two sets (6-2, 7-6 (6)). The last set went to a tiebreak, the first Allie has faced all season.
- Jazmyn Davis picked up her second win of the season at fourth singles winning in two sets (6-2, 6-4).
- Fifth and sixth singles lost by a combined score of 24-1.
- At doubles, Jaksec and Selzer got back on track picking up their third win of the season as duo 8-2. They now hold a 3-2 record as a doubles unit.
NEXT UP: The Redhawks get a much deserved week off until next Saturday (9/28) when they head to Juniata to face the Eagles starting at 3:00 p.m.