HAMBURG, N.Y. - The women's soccer team collected their 6th overall and 3rd conference win on the year this afternoon in dominating 6-0 fashion at Hilbert College. La Roche's six goals today are the most they have scored in a single match all season. Prior to today's match, the Redhawks were averaging only one goal per contest, recording multiple goals in only three of those matches. La Roche now finds themselves back in the playoff picture, currently holding the 4th seed in the conference.
Freshman forward Ashley Mineard had a whopping 6 points in today's match (2 goals and 2 assists), that's the most by any Redhawk in a single game this season. Mineard currently has 6 goals and 14 points in her debut season, both rank first on the team. Today's performance puts the Freshman at 5th in the AMCC in individual points.
Final: La Roche: 6, Hilbert: 0
Records: La Roche (6-6, AMCC: 3-3), Hilbert (0-8, AMCC: 0-4)
- The Redhawks scored three goals in each half of today's contest.
- La Roche took a season-high 28 shots (16 on goal) while defensively limiting the Hawks to only 8 shots (3 on goal).
- Sophomore forward Piper Claypool had an impressive 4 points in the match on one goal and two assists. Claypool has 3 assists total this season (T-1st on team). The Sophomore has been putting on a clinic as of late. In her last four performances, she has 7 points on three assists and two goals. In her first six games this season, Claypool was limited to one goal.
- Freshman forward Heaven Butler scored her second and third goals of the season in the 71st and 82nd minutes of the match. Butler has accumulated three goals in her last three appearances.
- Freshman forward Rylee Pucci scored her first goal of the year in the 85 minute of the match off an assist from Mineard. Pucci currently has 3 points on the year.
- Sophomore forward Alondra Gonzalez picked up her first assist of the season on Mineard's first goal.
- Junior goalkeeper Isabelle Orange recorded her third shutout this season and the fourth of her career on 3 saves.
NEXT UP: Women's soccer heads to Erie, PA next Saturday, October 19th, to take on Penn St. Behrend. The Lions will be a tough test for the Redhawks. They are currently undefeated in AMCC action and hold the number two seed in the conference behind undefeated Pitt Greensburg. The match begins at 3:30 p.m.