HAMBURG, N.Y. - The Redhawks won their first road match of the season this afternoon against Hilbert College in stellar fashion, 4-0. The shutout win today is La Roche's third this season and their four goals tie for the second most in a single match this year. Each goal was scored by a different Redhawk. After a mid-season slump, the men's soccer team has now won two of their last three matches. The Redhawks are currently on the onside looking in at the AMCC playoffs, but they are only one match back of D'Youville who is 3-3 in conference play and currently owns the sixth and final seed. With four conference matches left, La Roche still has plenty of opportunities to put themselves in the postseason.
Final: La Roche: 4, Hilbert: 0
Records: La Roche (4-10, AMCC: 2-4), Hilbert (0-8-1, AMCC: 0-5)
- Senior goalkeeper Austin Gorman got the win today in 30 minutes of play-time making two saves to improve to 3-9 on the year. It is Gorman's third shout this season (the most he has had in a single year since his Freshman campaign) and the 8th of his career (2nd most in program history.) Regardless of this year's outcome, the Senior will finish his career as one of the most prolific goalkeepers in La Roche history. He currently has 83 saves this year (3rd in the AMCC) on a .761 save percentage (4th in the AMCC).
- All three goaltenders contributed in today's victory (Junior Garrett Berner: 2 saves in 45 minutes, Sophomore Denali Nicholas: 1 save in 15 minutes).
- Four Redhawks scored in today's contest, tied for the most in a match this season. Three of those goals came within 5 minutes of each other early in the second half.
- Junior defender Chris Desser recorded his first assist of the season and the third of his career on a cross to Junior forward Kyle Harriett in the 16th minute of the contest. Harriett is currently tied for first on the team with 6 goals this season (T-8th in the AMCC).
- Sophomore defender Tanner Cook scored his first career goal in the 51st minute of the match unassisted to put the Redhawks up 2-0.
- A minute later, Freshman forward Jake Gorman scored his fourth goal of the year (T-3rd on the team) off a cross from Junior forward Hugo Arroyo. The assist is Arroyo's third this season (T-1st on the team).
- Sophomore Samuel Kamagate scored the Redhawks final goal in the 56th minute of the match on a broken play inside the goal area. Kamagate has now scored in back-to-back matches totalling four goals on the season (T-3rd on the team).
- Overall, La Roche took an insane 39 shots in the contest (15 more than their next highest mark this season) while limiting the Hawks to only nine.
- Defensively, the Redhawks remained disciplined recording only 8 fouls and one yellow card.
- Today's win is La Roche's tenth straight against Hilbert College dating all the way back to 2011.
NEXT UP: Men's soccer takes on nationally ranked Penn St. Behrend next Saturday, October 19th in ERIE, Pa. The match will begin at 1:00 p.m.